Saturday, March 29, 2008

Why I check on the girls at night





It seems like just before to bed I always check on the girls. It's not really because they might be in some sort of danger, or that they might have thrown the covers off and are cold, which is common. These scenarios are taken into consideration, but it's really the only time they aren't moving, whining, eating, running etc., and they look so peaceful. It just makes me happy to look at them. It brings me joy. My cup runneth over. I know that's pretty cheesy and stuff but it's so true.

But that that isn't the only reason. I'm not really sure what it is. Perhaps it's because they are so cute, or that they look comfortable, even though sometimes they don't. I guess when they are sleeping it's just that it's one more way to adore them.

I don't really use the word adore because it doesn't really seem like a very manly word...

But that really is the most appropriate word. I check on the girls before I go to bed because I adore them.

Minna also wrote a bit about this.

3 comments:

Ben and Shara said...

I adore my children when they are sleeping too. Actually, I only adore them when they are sleeping. he he

Christy Dyer said...

I can't tell you how many times we have gone into our children's bedrooms to admire them while they sleep. It's so easy then!

Kristi said...

It's so sweet that you "adore" your girls so much. I also love to peak in on my kids and stare at their content faces of sleep.