Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar eclipse tonight



I went outside during the eclipse. Luckily tonight there are no clouds. I walked up the street to find a place that had less street lights. Up at the corner I put the camera down on the sidewalk and almost immediately this guy stops next to me with his big Nikon and tells me his 50mm will probably not work. I can smell the cloves he is smoking. We both take a few photos. We share some settings. I'm having a tough time with getting the right white balance. It gets cold and I go back inside. I might go out when the sliver appears as the eclipse wanes. To me this is the most beautiful aspect of the eclipse. To me it shows movement and life, but not like everyday life. It's means that the solar system and universe we live in is real. It's like getting an outside glimpse of our universe by merely standing on the sidewalk outside.

This photo shows the moment just after full eclipse.

2 comments:

Christy Dyer said...

It's beautiful! We didn't get to see it, so thanks for the blog!

Christy Dyer said...

It's beautiful! We didn't get to see it so thanks for sharing.