Sunday, July 24, 2005

I hate rent

I feel like I throw way too much money out the door and into someone else's pocket, namely Paul, our landlord. Paul is a nice guy and he fixes things that need fixing. But I don't want to give him so much money, It makes me sick to think how much money we've given this guy, no investment no returns. "here have all my money, like I need it". No more. Minna and I made an offer on a COOP. A Co-Op is a Corporation that owns a building. We are acutally buying shares of a corporation that owns the apartment we'll be living in (if all goes as planned). We're very excited about it and fall asleep at night dreaming of our own place, and how we'll make it ours. It'll be much smaller and we won't have our own washer and dryer, but I won't have to donate my hard earned money to Paul, and get no return. Here's what it looked like when I went to visit. (they are renovating and we'll have an all new kitchen and bathroom when it's all done)







1 comment:

Tadd said...

So how did you find a co-op? It sounds like an investment but is it comparable to your old rent?